(2) Marine safety laws applicable to waters within the county's jurisdiction shall be
enforced. Court disposition shall be submitted on forms prescribed by the department.
(3) Marine complaints and marine violations within the county's jurisdiction, including
those referred to the county by the department, shall be investigated.
(4) The department shall purchase uniform vessel violation notices and furnish them
to the counties participating in the marine safety program. A county may purchase vessel
violation notices provided the violation notice contains the minimum information
contained on the uniform vessel violation notice furnished by the department. A
participating county shall issue vessel violation notices for violation of marine safety
laws and rules promulgated in accordance with marine statutes.
(5) Marine accidents occurring within the county's jurisdiction shall be investigated and
required reports submitted.
(6) Reasonable efforts shall be made to recover bodies of persons drowned in waters
within the county's jurisdiction but outside the corporate limits of a city.
(7) Livery boats within the county shall be inspected for compliance with
1994 PA 451, MCL 324.44515 to 324.44519, and rules promulgated under the act.
(8) Equipment purchased or leased under the state aid program shall be made available
to the director or his or her authorized representative for the purpose of inspection,
investigation, or other official duties.
(9) Cooperation with the United States coast guard, other counties of the state, the
Michigan state police, and the department, shall be given upon request of the director or
his or her authorized representative.
History: 1979 AC; 2014 AACS.
R 281.1034 Personnel.
Rule 34. (1) Personnel assigned to marine safety duties shall be mentally and
physically capable of performing the duties to which they are assigned. They shall have
a good knowledge of the provisions of 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.80101 to 324.80199,
MCL 324.44501 to 324.44526, and 1947 PA 139, MCL 51.301 to 51.302 and all rules
promulgated under the acts. They shall have a good knowledge of the powers, duties,
and limitations of authority of peace officers and a thorough knowledge of the
operation of small boats. The authority of personnel who have not completed the
required hours of training pursuant to 1965 PA 203, MCL 28.601 to 28.616, shall be
restricted to the following acts:
(a) 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.80101 to 324.80199, and rules and local ordinances
established in accordance with the provisions of the act.
(b) 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.9501 to 324.9510, and rules promulgated under the act.
(c) 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.8901 to 324.8907.
(d) 1994 PA 451, MCL 324.44501 to 324.44526, and rules promulgated under the act.
(e) 1947 PA 139, MCL 51.301 to 51.302.
(f) 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.167 to 750.168.
(2) Personnel shall actively cooperate with the director or his or her representatives,
including but not limited to, the answering of questions, making reports, and showing
records as requested.