DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
(By authority conferred on the department of mental health by sections 1 to 4 of Act
No. 80 of the Public Acts of 1905, as amended, section 33 of Act No. 306 of the Public
Acts of 1969, as amended, and sections 114, 130, 136, 157, 206, 244, 498n, 498r, 842,
844, 908, and 1002a of Act No. 258 of the Public Acts of 1974, as amended, being
sections 19.141 to 19.144, 24.233, 330.1114, 330.1130, 330.1136, 330.1206,
330.1244, 330.1498n, 330.1498r, 330.1842, 330.1844, 330.1908, and 330.2002a of the
Michigan Compiled Laws)
R 330.1001 General definitions.
Rule 1001. As used in these rules, except as otherwise defined in a particular part
or a subpart:
(1) "Act" means Act No. 258 of the Public Acts of 1974, as amended, being
§330.1001 et seq. of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(2) Terms defined in the act have the same meanings when used in these rules.
History: 1979 AC; 1981 AACS; 1983 AACS; 1986 AACS; 1998-2000 AACS.
R 330.1005 Gifts, grants, bequests, and donations; approval.
Rule 1005. (1) Gifts, grants, bequests, and donations with a value of more than
$1,500.00 shall not be accepted by a department facility without approval by the director
of the department.
(2) Gifts, grants, bequests, and donations accounts shall be composed of subaccounts
which detail the specific purpose for which the gifts, grants, bequests, and donations were
made. One of the subaccounts shall be a patient benefit fund.
(3) The patient benefit fund may be expended to improve the general welfare of
all patients or a specific group of patients and, in special cases, may provide aid to
(4) A gift, grant, bequest, or donation shall not be accepted or expended which
commits the state to complete or continue a program or project without authorization.
(5) All funds received shall be deposited with the state.
(6) An annual report shall be submitted to the department by department facilities
identifying all gifts, grants, bequests, and donations.
History: 1979 AC; 1981 AACS; 1983 AACS.
R 330.1015 Research.
Rule 1015. Research initiated, conducted, or supported by the department, or
engaged in by staff of department facilities, licensed or certified agencies, or agencies