for a new rate schedule, rider, or rules and regulations, all prior change markings may be
History: 1981 AACS; 2007 AACS.
R 460.2024 Description of individual sheets and sections.
Rule 24. (1) Title sheet. The title sheet shall be the first numbered page (tariff sheet
number 1 of the rate book and shall be marked as specified in R 460.2023.
(2) Index. The rate book shall contain an index listing the number and/or letter and
title of every rate schedule, rider, or rule and regulation in the rate book. Unless the
commission staff allows otherwise, the index shall be amended whenever any change or
addition is made in the rate book.
(3) Table of contents-checklist. Each rate book shall include a table of contents-
checklist that lists, in sequential order, each tariff sheet, the revision, and the effective
date or cancellation date. Unless the commission staff allows otherwise, the table of
contents-checklist shall be amended whenever any change or addition is made in the
(4) Description of territory served. Each rate book shall include a list of the cities,
villages, townships, and counties receiving services controlled by the rate book. If
available, a map of the territory served shall also be included (on 8-1/2 by 11-inch
(5) Index of cities, villages, townships, and counties served and applicable rate
schedules. If the utility rates vary by location within the utility's service territory, then
each utility rate book shall contain an index showing the cities, villages, townships,
and counties served and the rate schedules that apply to each. If the utility rate
schedules are uniform throughout the utility's service territory and each rate schedule
clearly indicates that uniformity, this section may be omitted.
(6) Technical terms and abbreviations. Each rate book shall include a glossary
giving complete concise definitions of terms of art, technical and special terms,
acronyms, abbreviations, and reference marks used in the rate schedules, riders, or rules
(7) Miscellaneous. Each rate book shall include a section for general information
not suitable for the other sections. For example, if rates in certain cities, villages,
townships, and counties are governed by franchise, permits, or agreements, then those
agreements shall be described in this section.
(8) Rules and regulations. Each rate book shall include an index listing all the
commission-issued administrative rules that apply to the utility, which shall be
incorporated into the utility rate book by reference in this index. Each rate book shall
also include an index to and a copy of any utility-issued rules and regulations that
supplement or modify the application of the commission's administrative rules to a
customer. Each utility-issued rule and regulation shall be assigned a title and a unique
reference letter or number. The 2 indices may be combined. Both indices shall clearly
indicate any rate schedules to which a listed rule and regulation does not apply.
(9) Rate schedules. Except for special contract rates (see R 460.2031), all rate
schedules shall be placed in and made a part of the rate book and organized as follows:
(a) Rate schedules shall be placed in the following sequence: