immediately preceding the expiration date of the license, shall satisfy the requirements of
R 338.7001 to R 338.7005 and accumulate 30 hours of continuing education related to
the practice of acupuncture and approved by the board pursuant to these rules, during the
2 years before the expiration date of the license.
(2) An applicant for renewal of a license or a limited license shall accumulate at least 5
hours of the required hours of continuing education in pain and symptom management
related to the practice of acupuncture during each license cycle pursuant to sections
16204(2) and 16517(2) of the code, MCL 333.16204 and 333.16517.
(3) An applicant for renewal of a limited license, in addition to meeting the
requirements of subrules (1) and (2) of this rule, shall meet all of the following:
(a) Pursuant to section 16517(3) of the code, MCL 333.16517, the applicant shall hold
an active license to engage in another health profession, as that term is defined in section
16105 of the code, MCL 333.16105, at the time of his or her application, and as a
condition of renewal of his or her limited license.
(b) The applicant shall accumulate the continuing education credits required in subrules
(1) and (2) of this rule in addition to any continuing education credits accumulated for the
purpose of renewing his or her other health professional license.
(c) The applicant shall submit a form, provided by the department, that contains the
name and signature of his or her supervising physician acknowledging that the physician
provided the supervisory responsibilities described under section 16109(2) of the code,
MCL 333.16109, during the previous license cycle and agreeing to provide those
supervisory responsibilities during the next license cycle.
(4) Submission of an application for renewal constitutes the applicant's certification of
compliance with this rule. An applicant shall retain documentation of satisfying the
requirements of this rule for a period of 4 years from the date of applying for license
renewal. The board may require an applicant to submit evidence to demonstrate
compliance with this rule. Failure to comply with this rule is a violation of section
16221(h) of the code, MCL 333.16221.
(5) The department must receive a request for a waiver under section 16205 of the code,
MCL 333.16205, before the expiration date of the license.
(6) The continuing education credits earned in 1 license cycle may not be carried
forward to the next license cycle.
(7) The applicant may not earn continuing education credits for completing the same
activity twice within the same license cycle.
History: 2022 MR 22, Eff. Nov. 21, 2022.
R 338.13033 Acceptable continuing education, requirements.
Rule 33. (1) The board approves for continuing education a course or activity approved
by the NCCAOM as a professional development activity (PDA). One PDA credit equals
1 hour of continuing education credit that can be accumulated to satisfy the requirements
of R 338.13031.
(2) Pursuant to section 16517(1) of the code, MCL 333.16517, an individual who has
met the continuing education standards of the NCCAOM is considered to have met the
continuing education requirements for license renewal.