(3) A carrier must respond within 14 days of the date of the department’s request under
subrule (2)(b) of this rule. If the information provided is incomplete, the department may,
at its discretion, request additional information, or issue a determination based solely on
the information provided as of the date on which the carrier’s response was due. If the
department makes 1 or more requests for additional information, the carrier must respond
within 14 days of the date of the department’s request.
(4) The department shall issue a determination resolving the request for a calculation
review no later than 14 days after the carrier submits a timely and complete response under
subrule (3) of this rule or after the expiration of the time period within which the carrier
was required to respond, including any extensions provided following the department’s
request for additional information under subrule (3) of this rule.
R 500.244 Median amount; access to database.
Rule 4. (1) Subject to subrule (3) of this rule, a carrier may satisfy the requirement under
R 500.243 by providing the department with access to a database that contains all of the
carrier’s median amounts. The database must meet all of the following requirements:
(a) Be updated no less frequently than quarterly.
(b) Be searchable by region, provider specialty, and health care service.
(c) Include negotiated rates for all health care services covered by the carrier.
(d) Be continuously accessible to the department.
(2) For the purposes of conducting a calculation review under section 24510 of the act,
MCL 333.24510, the department may, at its discretion, consult any external database
described under section 24510(2) of the act, MCL 333.24510, without regard to whether a
carrier made the database accessible to the department or whether the database otherwise
meets the requirements under subrule (1) of this rule.
(3) A carrier’s provision of access to a database under this rule does not preclude the
department from requesting any documents, materials, or other information the department
believes is necessary to assist in reviewing the calculation described in section 24510(1) of
the act, MCL 333.24510.
R 500.245 Approval of arbitrators.
Rule 5. (1) The department shall create and maintain a list of arbitrators trained by the
American Arbitration Association or American Health Lawyers Association and approved
by the director. This list must be updated no less frequently than annually and must be
posted on the department’s website.
(2) Arbitrators seeking to be included in the list under subrule (1) of this rule must apply
on a form prescribed by the department.
(3) The department shall approve or disapprove an application no later than 60 days after
the date of receipt of the application. Applicants whose application has been disapproved
may reapply at any time.
(4) If approved for inclusion in the list under subrule (1) of this rule, arbitrators must
annually provide to the department, on a form prescribed by the department, an attestation
acknowledging that the information provided to the department in the arbitrator’s
application under subrule (2) of this rule remains complete and accurate.
(5) Arbitrators included on the department’s list under subrule (1) of this rule must notify
the department of any changes to the information contained in the arbitrator’s application