Agency Report to JCAR-Page 2
The Workers’ Disability Compensation Board of Magistrates rules apply to practice and procedures
before the board.
The Request for Rules specifically references Part 13 (R 792.11301 – R 792.11313) of the Michigan
Administrative Hearing System, Administrative Hearing Rules, currently located within Licensing
and Regulatory Affairs - Michigan Office Of Administrative Hearings and Rules. As a result of
Executive Order 2019-13, Part 13 will be rescinded by MOAHR, and promulgated by LEO, Workers’
Disability Compensation Agency. Some of the specific rules in Part 13 will be updated to reflect
changes in process and procedure.
5. List names of newspapers in which the notice of public hearing was published and
Ann Arbor News Daily Edition June 13, 2021
Detroit Legal News June 17, 2021
The Mining Journal June 18, 2021
6. Date of publication of rules and notice of public hearing in Michigan Register:
7. Date, time, and location of public hearing:
7/7/2021 12:05 PM at Room L-150, Cadillac Place Bldg. , 3026 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI
8. Provide the link the agency used to post the regulatory impact statement and cost-benefit
analysis on its website:
9. List of the name and title of agency representative(s) attending public hearing:
Jack Nolish, WDCA Director
Deb Outwater, WDCA Executive Secretary
David Campbell, WDCA Agency Division Director
Kris Kloc, WDCA Medical Claims Analyst
10. Persons submitting comments of support:
Jayson Chizick for Worker’s Compensation Section of the Michigan State Bar Association.
Michigan Self-Insurers Ass’n and Michigan Ass’n for Justice Ad Hoc Stakeholder Advisory Group.
Don Hannon, Associate Member Michigan Self-Insurer’s Association
Dawn Drobnich, Executive Secretary, Michigan Self-Insurers’ Association
Richard Warsh, Past President, Michigan Association for Justice
Robert MacDonald, Past President, Michigan Association for Justice
Alicia W. Birach: Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith.
Dyke VanKoevering: General Counsel, Insurance Alliance of Michigan.
11. Persons submitting comments of opposition:
No comments of opposition
MCL 24.242 and 24.245