Agency Report to JCAR-Page 2
The proposed rules will: clarify definitions and the meaning of terms used in the rules; supply
conditions for telehealth and related patient consent; update higher institution educational program
accreditation standards and include Canadian program educational standards; clarify the educational
training program requirements for applicants who are graduates of both CACREP and non-CACREP
accredited programs; clarify language under the human trafficking rule; include clean-up of
references to limited licensed counselor, so that the language is consistent with statute; include a new
requirement of a separate statement to the department identifying the Michigan licensed professional
counselor who is supervising the limited licensed counselor’s practice and the licensed professional
counselor’s supervising qualifications; include revisions to allow experience gained in the immediate
physical presence of the supervisor to also occur via 2-way real-time audiovisual technology that
allows direct, contemporaneous interaction by sight and sound between the supervisor and the
supervisee; include revisions to allow showing proof of licensure in a province of Canada as a
pathway to licensure; clarify that showing proof of passing the National Clinical Mental Health
Counseling Examination (NCMHCE) would also satisfy the examination requirement for relicensure;
clarify the criteria that a limited licensed counselor must send in for the department and board’s
consideration of an extension of the ten-year limitation to holding the limited license; and update the
language related to supplying counseling supervision.
5. List names of newspapers in which the notice of public hearing was published and
The Flint Journal, November 10, 2022.
The Grand Rapids Press, November 10, 2022.
The Mining Journal, November 23, 2022.
6. Date of publication of rules and notice of public hearing in Michigan Register:
7. Date, time, and location of public hearing:
12/14/2022 09:00 AM at G. Mennen Williams Building Auditorium , 525 W. Ottawa Street, Lansing,
8. Provide the link the agency used to post the regulatory impact statement and cost-benefit
analysis on its website:
9. List of the name and title of agency representative(s) who attended the public hearing:
Weston MacIntosh, Departmental Specialist, Bureau of Professional Licensing.
Stephanie Wysack, Departmental Technician, Bureau of Professional Licensing.
10. Persons submitting comments of support:
11. Persons submitting comments of opposition:
12. Persons submitting other comments:
MCL 24.242 and 24.245