These rules are mandated pursuant to Section 4 of 1972 PA 230, the Executive Reorganization
Order and MCL 125.1504(6) of PA 230 1972. MCL 125.1504(6) of PA 1792 required that
beginning with the 2015 national code change cycle, the director shall add, amend, and rescind
rules to simultaneously update all chapters of the residential code at least once every 6 years or
more frequently than once every 3 years as the director determines is appropriate.
9. Please describe the extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules,
compliance requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
There are no similar rules or regulations adopted by the state, regional, or federal level.
10. Is the subject matter of the rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with instructions, or operational memoranda?
There is no subject matter in these rules contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with the instructions, or operational memoranda.
11. Are the rules listed on the department’s annual regulatory plan as rules to be processed
for the current year?
Yes, these rules are listed in the department's annual regulatory plan.
12. Will the proposed rules be promulgated under Section 44 of the Administrative Procedures
Act, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.244, or under the full rulemaking process?
13. Please describe the extent to which the rules exceed similar regulations, compliance
requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
There are no similar rules or regulations adopted by the state, regional, or federal government.
14. Do the rules incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding the rules? If yes, please explain.
The Part 5. Residential Code rule set does incorporate the recommendations received from the
public regarding any complaints or comments regarding these rules. The comments or complaints
from the public came from either the Public Informal Advisory Meeting or from the Proposal
Code Rule/ Code Change Request Form.
15. If amending an existing rule set, please provide the date of the last evaluation of the rules
and the degree, if any, to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed
the regulatory activity covered by the rules since the last evaluation.
The last time this rule set was amended was an estimated 3 years ago. This rule set gets revised
every 3 years to make sure the rules are consistent with the Stille- DeRossett- Hale Single State
Construction Code Act 230 PA 1972.
16. Are there any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate there is no
continued need for the rules, or any portion of the rules?
17. Is there an applicable decision record (as defined in MCL 24.203(6) and required by MCL
24.239(2))? If so, please attach the decision record.