A. Please list all applicable statutory references (MCLs, Executive Orders, etc.).
Promulgation of the mechanical rules license examination procedures is authorized under the
Skilled Trades Regulation Act, section 207 of 2016 PA 407, MCL 339.5207; and Executive
Reorganization Order Nos. 2003-1, 2008-4, and 2011-4, MCL 445.2011, MCL 445.2025, and
MCL 445.2030. This authority replaces the previous authority under 1984 PA 192, MCL 338.971
B. Are the rules mandated by any applicable constitutional or statutory provision? If so, please
These rules are mandated through section 207 of 2016 PA 407, which states, the department, in
consultation with the appropriate board, shall promulgate any rules it considers necessary and
appropriate to implement and administer articles 1 to 6 and to enable the department to fulfill its
responsibility under this act.
9. Please describe the extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules,
compliance requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
There are no similar rules or regulations adopted by the state, regional, or federal level.
10. Is the subject matter of the rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with instructions, or operational memoranda?
There is no subject matter of these rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with the instructions, or operational memoranda.
11. Are the rules listed on the department’s annual regulatory plan as rules to be processed
for the current year?
Yes, these rules are listed in the department's annual regulatory plan.
12. Will the proposed rules be promulgated under Section 44 of the Administrative Procedures
Act, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.244, or under the full rulemaking process?
13. Please describe the extent to which the rules exceed similar regulations, compliance
requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
There are no similar rules or regulations adopted by the state, regional, or federal government.
14. Do the rules incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding the rules? If yes, please explain.
These rules do incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding these rules. The comments or complaints from the public came
from either the Public Informal Advisory Meeting or from the Proposed Rule/Code Change
15. If amending an existing rule set, please provide the date of the last evaluation of the rules
and the degree, if any, to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed
the regulatory activity covered by the rules since the last evaluation.
This rule set was last amended about 3 years ago.
16. Are there any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate there is no
continued need for the rules, or any portion of the rules?
17. Is there an applicable decision record (as defined in MCL 24.203(6) and required by MCL
24.239(2))? If so, please attach the decision record.