9. Please describe the extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules,
compliance requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
The rule does not conflict with or duplicate similar rules or regulations adopted by the state or
10. Is the subject matter of the rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with instructions, or operational memoranda?
The rule adopts by reference the (ANSI) standards B77.1-2017, entitled “American National
Standard for Passenger Ropeways – Aerial Tramways, Aerial Lifts, Surface Lifts, Tows and
Conveyors – Safety Standard.”
11. Are the rules listed on the department’s annual regulatory plan as rules to be processed
for the current year?
Yes, these rules are listed in the department’s annual regulatory plan.
12. Will the proposed rules be promulgated under Section 44 of the Administrative Procedures
Act, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.244, or under the full rulemaking process?
13. Please describe the extent to which the rules exceed similar regulations, compliance
requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
There are no similar rules or regulations adopted by the state or federal government.
14. Do the rules incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding the rules? If yes, please explain.
No. The rule does not incorporate recommendations from the public.
15. If amending an existing rule set, please provide the date of the last evaluation of the rules
and the degree, if any, to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed
the regulatory activity covered by the rules since the last evaluation.
Michigan updates its rules to use the most recent edition of the national standards. The ski rules
were last updated an estimated 3 years ago and are currently being updated to be up to date with
16. Are there any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate there is no
continued need for the rules, or any portion of the rules?
There have been no changes or developments since implementation that indicate the Michigan ski
rules or any portion of the rules should be discontinued.
17. Is there an applicable decision record (as defined in MCL 24.203(6) and required by MCL
24.239(2))? If so, please attach the decision record.