Rule promulgation is mandated by the following: MCL 339.202 requires the department to
establish by rule the expiration date of a license or registration issued under the Occupational
Code. MCL 339.205 requires the department to promulgate rules that are necessary and
appropriate for the department to fulfill its role.
The rules are not mandated by a constitutional provision.
9. Please describe the extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules,
compliance requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
The rules do not conflict with or duplicate similar rules or regulations adopted at the state,
regional, or federal government.
10. Is the subject matter of the rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with instructions, or operational memoranda?
11. Are the rules listed on the department’s annual regulatory plan as rules to be processed
for the current year?
12. Will the proposed rules be promulgated under Section 44 of the Administrative Procedures
Act, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.244, or under the full rulemaking process?
13. Please describe the extent to which the rules exceed similar regulations, compliance
requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
The rules do not exceed any similar regulations, compliance requirements, or other standards
adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
14. Do the rules incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding the rules? If yes, please explain.
15. If amending an existing rule set, please provide the date of the last evaluation of the rules
and the degree, if any, to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed
the regulatory activity covered by the rules since the last evaluation.
The rules were last amended in 2014. The department is implementing a new licensing system
and the renewal dates for some licenses and registrations have been changed to the date that the
initial license or registration was granted.
16. Are there any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate there is no
continued need for the rules, or any portion of the rules?
17. Is there an applicable decision record (as defined in MCL 24.203(6) and required by MCL
24.239(2))? If so, please attach the decision record.