B. Are the rules mandated by any applicable constitutional or statutory provision? If so, please
As indicated in number 8, the Bingo Act at section 13, MCL 432.113, states that the
Commissioner shall promulgate rules to implement the Bingo Act.
9. Please describe the extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules,
compliance requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
These rules do not conflict with or duplicate similar rules or regulations.
10. Is the subject matter of the rules currently contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, form with instructions, or operational memoranda?
The subject matter of these rules is not contained in any guideline, handbook, manual,
instructional bulletin, or operational memoranda.
11. Are the rules listed on the department’s annual regulatory plan as rules to be processed
for the current year?
12. Will the proposed rules be promulgated under Section 44 of the Administrative Procedures
Act, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.244, or under the full rulemaking process?
13. Please describe the extent to which the rules exceed similar regulations, compliance
requirements, or other standards adopted at the state, regional, or federal level.
These rules are intended to be consistent with, but not exceed, any applicable state, regional, or
14. Do the rules incorporate the recommendations received from the public regarding any
complaints or comments regarding the rules? If yes, please explain.
During the drafting of these rules, the public will be given opportunity to comment and
recommendations will be considered.
15. If amending an existing rule set, please provide the date of the last evaluation of the rules
and the degree, if any, to which technology, economic conditions, or other factors have changed
the regulatory activity covered by the rules since the last evaluation.
The Charitable Gaming Rules were most recently amended in 2018. Random Number Generators
(RNG) and the use of an alternative method for players to declare bingo, will provide additional
options to licensees for revenue. Moreover, the onset of COVID-19 and compliance with existing
Executive Orders currently places unforeseen restrictions on offerings under the current rules.
These proposed amendments will provide licensees with additional options to tailor charitable
gaming events consistent with social distancing, and other important health and safety practices.
16. Are there any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate there is no
continued need for the rules, or any portion of the rules?
No, there have not been any changes or developments since implementation that demonstrate that
there is no continued need for these rules, or for any portion of these rules.
17. Is there an applicable decision record (as defined in MCL 24.203(6) and required by MCL
24.239(2))? If so, please attach the decision record.